Monday, October 15, 2007

Week 8: Oh oh, Zoho a No No


undecided Hi fellow bloggers, Zoho this time eh? Good grief, another username and password! Aaarrrrgh! Just as well I invested in a block of sticky notes, as each time I join up in something, I stick a note in my folder with the login details. It's beginning to look like what I did to Marika's office when she was overseas - see pic at right.

OK, this is PART ONE of the lesson.

This Zoho Writer thing is a bit on the wimpy side, isn't it? I added one emoticon [see above], which is called an "emotion" in the tool bar, resized it and it looks like it's been run over by a Mack truck!


I also started a Slide Show instead of this doc, but the screen froze when I went to move the heading. As far as I know, it's still frozen, which is why I'm here at Zoho Writer. Anyway, I've played around with the tools - Under 'Format', the Padding tool downsized this para by 5pt, and the background's now gone blue. Gee, what can I say "^ ^".


IF you didn't have access to the Microsoft Suite I guess you could use this, but if you've got access to a pc, isn't the software already there? I digress ... Being able to send straight to our blogs is good, which is what I'm about to do [so fingers crossed]. A bientot mes ami .. .

PART TWO: We are asked to check the Awards site, and how spiffing to see now familiar names up there in the stratosphere - Technorati, Bloglines, Library Thing, PBWiki, Flickr, Rollyo and Del.icio.us. Isn't it nice to know we've been put on the right learning path, nay, the award winning learning path!!

PART THREE: We are asked to check out Web Tools at www.go2web20.net WOW and then some! There must be sooooooooo many bored, unemployed people out there! I'm mind-boggled. Ooooh, there's a i.Foods.tv site for foodies and, wait, what's this? SpicyPipes.com? Another food site?? Nup, a creative mashup site. Heh heh heh, get a load of this, I'll quote the 'inspiring' introduction: "Why to send greeting cards to friend while you can create beautiful slideshow". *Sigh*, must be another bored unemployed person a couple of chops short of a barbeque in the English language stakes. Moving right along "^ ^" ... Aaaaaah, 'music on demand' at Deezer.com. Read, read, blah, blah, 'create your own play list', 'search for song, artist or album', and more! [hold the steak knives ;o)] OK, I'll give it a whirl. As they, ahem, say in the classics ... "stay tuned"...


free music

No comments: